Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Last Day

I started this blog yesterday, but couldn't publish it until today.

Hey everyone! This is the last day I'm going to be 11 so, I was going to celebrate that, but I found something more important to celebrate...

Today, the Canadian soldiers who fought in Afghanistan are coming back. Well, most. About 150 Canadians died in that war, 46 of which were from Alberta. I can't believe all those people died because of another stupid war! This thing lasted around 12 years, so the battle was going on for... as long as I have lived, maybe longer.

One of the saddest things about it, is two of the people IN MY SCHOOL were brutally affected by this. Logan and China Little lost their uncle in this, now their baby sister will never get to meet him, and if she has she probably won't remember him.

I can't imagine losing my uncle. He is one of the most important people in my life. So I guess, we aren't mourning death... We are going to celebrate their lives and we are going to thank them for their sacrifice. To those of you who have lost a loved one in this or any other war, I am sorry about your loss.

But, as I said, we are celebrating life! They did what they could to make this world a better place. To the people who went to the war, I am very proud of all of you and you are making the world a better place. Not just the soldiers, every good person in the world is doing a huge part in making the world a better place, just by doing good things. They don't have to be super HUGE good things, like stopping global warming or anything, just doing the right thing in your community.

On a cheerier note, I'm on the CCMA website! Cool, huh? Anyway, have you read Princess Label Maker to the Rescue by Tom Angleberger? It's an Origami Yoda book, and it's STOOKY! So thanks for your support and remember...

SHARKS AREN'T SCARY, THEY'RE JUST DIFFERENT!!!

2 comments:

  1. You, sir, are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am truly in awe of you Oz. Your compassion and wisdom far exceed what most people have in a lifetime let alone at 12 years old <3

    ReplyDelete