Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fin Free BC!

Gabriel Wildgen of Humane Society International/Canada has been campaigning on a shark fin ban in Port Moody and now hopes it spreads to other Metro Vancouver municipalities. He is photographed in Vancouver on May 23, 2012. Photograph by: Glenn Baglo , The Province

My first reaction when I saw this was O M super G!!

This is the first place in Canada to BAN the possession, sale, trade and distribution of shark fin products!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's too beautiful for words! Just kidding I'm gonna write a whole blog about this!

The US already has cities that have bans in place and other US cities are working on it.

If a little place like Port Moody can do this then what's stopping the rest of Canada?

First things first. We gotta get more people to know about this. This will give them something to think about. And when they THINK about it, they'll know shark finning is wrong and they should WANT to have the same ban in place in THEIR cities!

I've been asked to join the Fin Free Edmonton group and I hope that with their help we can actually make a Fin Free ALBERTA. If a small city in BC can do it, I'm pretty sure WE can do it!!

I'm pretty sure me and the Fin Free Alberta guys can't do it by ourselves so I'm asking for your help too. I want you guys to gather up as much shark fin information as you can and send it to me and then we'll show the government that it matters!

Remember sharks aren't scary they're just different!

2 comments:

  1. I will do my best to provide you with some research. Good work on the Blog. Keep it up. ~Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Oz, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete