Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Book Review and My Top Ten Favourite Authors

I have just finished reading John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. It was an AWESOME book, but it also had a few sad things. Since I am in a public place, I tried my best not to cry my eyes out. I thought it was a beautifully written story, and I can't wait to see the movie. But first, I want to know a few things.

Thing one: What inspired John Green to start writing in the first place? He is a GREAT author and I thought it would be cool to know why he started writing and also why he wrote The Fault in Our Stars. I want to know what the cause was for this beautiful and sad story. Was it something that happened in his life? Was it just a thought he turned into words on paper for the world to read? I want to know his inspiration.

Thing two: Are the books An Imperial Affliction and  The Prince of Dawn real books? If so, then I want to read them.

Thing three: I want to know if the video game and e-mail reader things Issac has is real. Not that I'm blind and need it, I just thought it would be cool to know if they were real. That would be a funny, and cool thing to have.

I think John Green is up with my Top Ten Favorite writers now. Just so you know, here is a list of my favorite authors:

NUMBER 10: John Green. Since I have only read one of his books, his place is still yet to be determined.


NUMBER 9: Rachel Renee Russell. I absolutely ADORE her Dork Diaries. They are really great. 

NUMBER 8: Hidenori Kusaka. The author of POKEMON ADVENTURES (art by Satoshi Yamamoto) is one of my FAVORITE graphic novel series'. 

NUMBER 7: J.R.R. Tolkien. Author of The Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit. I really enjoyed the Hobbit book and movies. Can't wait for the last one!

NUMBER 6: Roald Dahl. Author of James and The Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, and a lot more! I really enjoyed all these books and movies.

NUMBER 5: Marty Chan. The author of a bunch of my favourite books such as his mystery books (based off of his life experiences as a kid), Barnabas Bigfoot the Bigfoot with small feet, and so many more. Thanks for all the great stories, Marty!

NUMBER 4: J.K. Rowling. She wrote her Harry Potter series and got me into the wizarding world. After reading her books, I wanted to be a wizard like Harry and Ron.

NUMBER 3: Tom Angleberger. His Origami Yoda Chronicles got me into origami, the ancient art of folded paper. Thanks Tom! 

NUMBER 2: Rick Riorden. The author of many mythology fiction (or maybe they're non-fiction?) books. He is the man who got me to like Greek mythology with his Percy Jackson series.  

NUMBER 1: James Patterson. He writes all different types of books from stuff like I Funny to Maximum Ride (one of my favorite books). James Patterson is my all-time favourite author.

There you have it! My favourite authors! I recommend all books by them! Go ahead and read people! Remember, I'd like feedback on how to do these better and I'd like to hear what you think of these authors! Thanks for reading and until next time,

SHARKS AREN'T SCARY, THEY'RE JUST DIFFERENT!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should answer your question about the inspiration for the fault in our stars <3 http://www.buzzsugar.com/Fault-Our-Stars-True-Story-34745110

    ReplyDelete